Friday, April 15, 2011

Who is John Galt?

Zooey Deschanel was in a movie I watched last night, at home. I spent a good chunk of my day at the theatre watching two movies: Atlas Shrugged and The Conspirator. I <3 Taylor Schilling as Dagny Taggart! OK, I simply <3 Taylor Schilling! LOL

Anyway, I used to really hold myself back out of fear of being "that loser who is going to the movies [or whatever activity] alone." Well, not doing these things I wanted to do but was afraid to do them alone left me in a worse situation. I became the clueless guy who doesn't do anything except sit on the sidelines of life. That hasn't exactly been true, but a good chunk of my life in Wisco has been close to that, only escaping that trap and getting involved in some cultural activities somewhat frequently while living down south.

I don't care anymore. I want to get out and experience life and what the world has to offer. To hell what anyone might think about what I'm doing (or not) and who I'm doing it with (or not). I want to be able say I've experienced some interesting things in my life, rather than regretting not going and being only able to say "yeah, I thought about going to check that out, but didn't make it."

So yeah, the movies I saw today were great, and it was another step forward in pushing myself outside my comfort zone a bit. Adding some extra "spice" to life, in that if anyone asks I can "yes, I did do something interesting" and then carry on about it in a way that (hopefully) makes for an enjoyable conversation in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment